Sunday 3 April 2011

David Hockney at the York Museum


Bigger Trees Near Warter

Whilst on my tours of local exhibitions, I read about David Hockneys largest ever picture to date being exhibited at the York Museum, I am a big fan of Hockneys work so I was quite excited to be able to go and see it. I was blown away by the vast size of it, as it stretched across one full wall of the gallery space, measuring 15ft x 40ft, comprising of a total of 50 canvases placed together in rows of 5 x 10. The painting was on loan from the Tate Gallery in London and this was its first actual viewing outside of London. I found myself just staring at the painting in ore, woundering how he managed to make it all come together so successfully as he would have had to paint each canvas individually. It was an exhibition well worth seeing and both my daughter and myself both throughly enjoyed the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment