Wednesday 16 March 2011

Andy Warhol


                                                   Art by Andy Warhol (1928 – 1987)

No other artist is as much identified with Pop Art as Andy Warhol. The media called him the Prince of Pop. Warhol made his way from a Pittsburgh working class family to an American legend.
Andy Warhol's Pop Art is both interesting and inspiring.  Although alot of his work was silk screen printmaking as opposed to painting, I do like his style.  The images resemble the posterised look, which is why I was probably drawn to them.  I like his creative style of repetition which he seemed to become obsessed with in his work and his clever use of colour to enhance his images.

We spent a short time in the print workshop at the beginning of our course exploring ideas of our own, although I found it quite daunting to begin with I soon became quite enthusiastic about what could be achieved.  I used Andy Warhol's work as my inspiation and did my own version of his self portrait 1978.

No comments:

Post a Comment