Wednesday 18 May 2011

Painted using watercolour paints
This picture was influenced by an artist called Alice Moloney, who is a new artist and is still currentley studying for her Masters in Communication Art and Design at the RSA in London. She takes everyday people and paints them in her own distinctive style using watercolour paint. I really like her how she blends the colours and kind of distorts the faces, but in a nice way. I have tried to copy her style with the picture above, but I also over exaggerated the distorted look a little.  Though I have to say,I did find it hard trying to replica her technique with watercolour paint. These are some examples of her work.

This was painted from a magazine photo of Nicole Kidman, which I messed around with on photoshop and managed to age her to fit in with our project. It was also painted in the Alice Moloney style.

Nicole Kidman (Aged)
Painted with watercolour paints

No comments:

Post a Comment